Volunteer opportunities with the Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater include:
- supplementary feeding and monitoring of release birds
- helping propagate plants in our nursery
- seed & plant stock collection for our nursery
- bird surveys which monitor the wild Helmeted Honeyeater population
- revegetation / planting days to increase the habitat of the bird
- public education programs including school & community talks
- or talk to us about what you can bring to the group.
Our activities are based in and around Yellingbo Nature Conservation Reserve, approximately 50km east of Melbourne, Victoria (Melway reference 305 G11).
You can take action by volunteering, becoming a member of the Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater, showing support by purchasing some of our merchandise or organising a group planting day and help make a difference to the survival of this critically endangered bird.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website so much that you decide to join us in becoming a Friend of the Helmeted Honeyeater.
Helmeted Honeyeaters need Friends for life.