Shop with us
Buy a gift from the Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater's merchandise range and buy a gift to save a species. 100% of proceeds go to our on-ground projects. It's a win win!
Download our merchandise order form.
Just $30 - while stocks lastIn a newly published book
by the Friends called “A Reserve for a Bird”, the earlier years of the campaign
to save the Helmeted Honeyeater are captured via newsletter snippets that chronicle some of the work of the
Helmeted Honeyeater Survey, later known as Survey Cassidix. This survey ran
from 1952 to 1962 and was succeeded by further survey work by the Victorian
Ornithological Research Group between 1962 and 1967. Ultimately this led to
departmental and government action, captured in the book through a series of
letters and media releases.
Great buys for Summer
Gifts that don't cost the earth?
- Canvas hat, bone or green with screen printed Helmeted Honeyeater. 20cm brim
- Polar fleece vest - Blue with embroidered Helmeted Honeyeater
- 'Yellingbo: a special place' - a coffee table style book published by the Friends. It profiles the fauna, flora and history of this very
special part of the world. Jason Edwards is the principal photographer.
Foreword by John Landy.
- 'Lunar the Leadbeater's Possum', a hardcover book written and
beautifully illustrated by Mieke Florisson, Grade 6 student of
Macclesfield Primary School. Proudly published by Friends of the
tells the tale of a Leadbeater's Possum named Lunar who has to move out
of home and find his own way in the world. Along the way Lunar comes
across many challenges. Will Lunar be able to find a home?
Mieke receives a commission for each book sold.
Did you know? At Yellingbo the Leadbeater's Possum is found in the same habitat as the Helmeted Honeyeater.
Yellingbo Nature Conservation Reserve is the only place in the world where three of Victoria's state emblems co-exist. What's the third one? Find out here.
- Blank cards with envelopes for all occasions. Various Helmeted Honeyeater photographs
- Ceramic mug - with Helmeted Honeyeater and 150th celebratory emblem design (pick up from Yellingbo only)
Shop with Ritchies/IGA
Perhaps you would like your donation to be 0.5% of your shopping at Ritchies/IGA stores. Just ask for a community benefits card at Ritchies/IGA and ask that they process the funds to Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater.
You can keep an eye on the progress of your Ritchies/IGA donations to Friends of the Helmeted Honeyeater on Ritchies/IGA website here. Just type in FRIENDS OF THE HELMETED HONEY EATER in the search field. Last time we checked (March 2015), the cumulative total for donations was $3,142.90. Thank you!